Sunday, August 24, 2014

SL-401 Study for BPDCN and AML Patients

Honestly, I don't understand SL-401 treatment that well, but I know it has worked at least a couple times for those with no other hope. It's a promising new treatment.

Now Stemline Therapeutics has announced a study of SL-401 for BPDCN (Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm) and AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) patients. The announcement is here:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/stemline-therapeutics-announces-opening-of-sl-401-corporate-ind-and-start-of-clinical-trials-in-bpdcn-and-aml-2014-07-28

You might want to ask your doctor about it if your treatment is failing, if you have relapsed, or if you are not eligible for a bone marrow transplant.

2 comments:

  1. Paul is the SL-401 line an adult or human embryo line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had answered this. Wow. Sorry for being so slow! I didn't know SL-401 had anything to do with embryo lines period. I can't answer this question.

      Delete