Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 124: Starting the New Norm?

We drove back to Selmer 10 days ago, on Thursday, May 10. That all went amazingly well, especially considering all the bumps in the road I've managed to find.

The first week back was a little rough. I was nauseous every morning, which has not been my pattern. Due to the clot and bleeding from the week before I left, I wasn't supposed to lift anything heavy, and I had to watch others do all the work of moving without lifting a finger myself. Torture.

The last three days have been pretty great, though. The hole in my chest stopped oozing, and it's scabbed over well. On Thursday, I got a PT-INR, which measures how thin my blood is. It was a little too thin, so they reduced the Coumadin I'm taken, and I got to stop getting those painful Lovenox shots in the belly. I'll get another PT-INR tomorrow, but I can do that locally without going to Nashville.

That's my simple, quick update. It's good to be home!

Today, though, I was catching up on emails, and it seemed like I had dozens of interesting things in there. This is totally off the subject of this blog, except that these are the kinds of things I find fascinating.

  1. Swiss scientists produced a robot that is wirelessly controlled by an almost quadriplegic person from 60 miles away!
  2. Heard all the hype about December 21, 2012 and the end of the world as supposedly predicted by the Mayan calendar? Archaeologists have discovered a Mayan calendar going 7,000 years into our future.
  3. How far is science from the technology of the Avengers?
  4. You'll be thrilled to know that 60% of us can't go 10 minutes without telling a lie
  5. An amazing genetic breakthrough in chemotherapy treatment for glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer.

Ok, gotta go. It's still pretty busy around here.

Thank you, NBB, for the reminder in the comment of the last post that I need to give people an update.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. So glad that you are home and doing well. PTL. God is good.

    ReplyDelete