Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Son's Wedding

I have friends who arrange pictures in beautiful arrangements on their blog. I don't know how to do that, so here they are in a column.  (I've never been very artistic anyway.) These pictures were taken by Nichole Park, sister of the bride, and Ashley Hall. They're both excellent photographers. Nichole has a photography blog at eosphotographynp.blogspot.com where you can see more of her work. (What's funny is that right now pictures from Ashley's wedding, the other photographer I just mentioned, are in the second post down. Or go straight to that post.)

First, the bride, Hadassah Pavao (yay!). Is this a great picture or what?



As I mentioned in the last post, we don't do traditional weddings. The bride and groom were up front on a couch, and a somewhat living room setting was created around them.


A couple things about that setting. The picture in the background was painted Friday night at the love feast (which is sort of a longer, larger communion service; it's an actual Lord's "supper," rather than Lord's snack). One of the ladies at our community, Cheres, paints these incredible paintings while a song--or two or three songs--are playing. This one was done through two songs, and she painted it upside down, so no one could figure out what she was doing. She turned it over, and there was a collective intake of breath as everyone saw what she'd done.

The couple at the bottom of the painting is actually my son and his new bride, not just a generic couple. Cheres is a really good artist.

I don't want you to think, though, that the wedding couple sat there so somber through the whole wedding, so ...



The next picture is the lovely mothers of the bride and groom. That's my wife Lorie on the left, and Simchah, mother of the bride, on the left.



I was there, too. This was us with the wedding couple.



And I got to dance with the bride!


The cake was done at the family dinner the night before the wedding. The following picture is the crucial moment when the bride decides whether to feed the groom the cake or smash it on his face, and the groom wonders what's about to happen to him.




The following is just a particularly good picture of the bride and groom at the wedding.




Ok, I'm winding down. I don't know how good I am at picking pictures. This is us enjoying the wedding. That's my mother-in-law to the right of my wife and my daughter Leilani in front of us.


All good things must come to an end ...







No comments:

Post a Comment