Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 4: Fun Blog Today

Okay, you have to see today's videos, especially if you've never heard of Nick Vujicic!

First, though, I do have one story from this morning. The nurse asked if there was anything new with me, and I'm having a little bit of itching, especially on my back. I'm sure my skin's just dry from the radiation and chemo (so are they).

So the nurse asks how long it's been itching, and I tell her just since last night. Then, not thinking, I pull my shirt up to reveal:


The nurse was suddenly horrified, and I couldn't figure out why.

"This is just since last night??!!" she cried in alarm!

Suddenly, I realized. "Oh, no! I don't mean the lesions!"

She gasped and said, "Don't ever do that to me again!"

Oops, sorry.

If you aren't one of those aware that my leukemia began with tumors on my back, those are just the leftover marks from the original tumors. The tumors shrunk and disappeared in the first 4 days of chemo back in July, but they left those areas on my back that look like birthmarks.

Nick Vujicic


Nick has an unfortunate last name, and there's a couple other things that haven't been perfect in his life, but as far as I can tell, he's doing better than most of the rest of us.


Here's another video. He's also got an inspirational site at LifeWithoutLimbs.org









No comments:

Post a Comment